Thursday, December 21, 2006

Shane Warne retires ...

Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots of great posts about Shane Warne's retirement announcement. Here's some that I loved:

Me: as a man - exceptionally flawed, as a cricketer- exceptional.

King Cricket: "England require 12 runs to win and have all ten wickets in hand. Shane Warne’s bowling and it genuinely feels like Australia are favorites."

Shane Warne: "When I told my children I was retiring they got a bit disappointed because they didn't think I was going to play backyard cricket with them. They said, 'Can you still play with us?' I said 'I can'."

Gideon Gaigh: "It was said of Augustus that he found Rome brick and left it marble:
the same is true of Warne and spin bowling."

Tim de Lisle: "Timing, Shane"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home